What does “Sprinkle a Little Pink” really mean?
With all that is going on in the world today everyone could use a little Pink in their life.
Did you know the color pink calms and reassures our emotional energies, alleviating feelings of anger, aggression, resentment, abandonment and neglect? Studies have confirmed that exposure to large amounts of pink can have a calming effect on the nerves and create physical weakness in people.
To “Sprinkle A Little Pink “ can be a simple as making eye contact with a stranger, smiling, or saying hello. You would be surprised how hard that would be for some. It will not only make the stranger feel better it will lift your mood as well.
Some easy ways you could Sprinkle A little Pink and the best part is most won’t cost you a dime.
- Give an unexpected compliment.
- Plant a tree.
- Let someone cut in front of you in line.
- Slow down so someone can merge in front of you in traffic.
- Let someone else take that primo parking spot.
- Give someone your seat on a crowded bus or subway.
- Put coins in an expired parking meter.
- Give up your seat on a plane so other travelers can sit together.
- Buy a warm meal for someone in need.
- Help someone struggling to carry their grocery bags.
- Stop to assist someone who looks lost.
- Say something encouraging to a parent who’s struggling with rambunctious kids in a restaurant or grocery store.
- Offer to return a stranger’s grocery cart to the front of the store.
- Donate flowers to a nursing home.
- Hand out disposable water bottles to people working outside on a hot day.
- Buy a gift card to hand to someone on your way out of the coffee shop.
- Leave a great coupon next to that item in the grocery store.
- Pick up a piece of litter on the street and throw it out.
- Pass along a compliment to a service worker’s boss.
- Take the time to write a great online review for a restaurant you love.
- Leave a positive comment on a news article or blog post.
- Learn CPR.
- Give an extra tip and write an encouraging note along with it.
- Keep an extra umbrella in your car to give to someone stuck in the rain.
- Buy lemonade from a child’s lemonade stand.
- Visit a nursing home — read books to or play board games with residents.
- Send a care package to a service member.
- Bring treats to your local fire station.
- Write a thank you note to your mail carrier.
- Talk to a stranger at a party who looks like they don’t know anyone.
- Smile at someone who looks sad.
If you would like to learn more about what others are doing to sprinkle a little follow our blog or listen to our podcast “Sprinkle A Little Pink “ where we talk about everything from Flamingos, random acts of kindness to some amazing non-profit organizations that are changing lives and making your community a better place.
What are you going to do today to “Sprinkle a Little Pink” into someone else’s life?